Over the last 20-30 years the
contents of wallpaper adhesive has tremendously changed. Today 90% of
wallpaper is vinyl coated; vinyl laminated to a paper backing or vinyl
laminated to a fabric backing. Most wallpapers pasted on the commercial
buildings are solid vinyl or fabric backed vinyl.
POLYFIX ® Vinyl Wallpaper Adhesive
is a specially
formulated wallpaper adhesive, which offers a feeling of tack. Wallpaper
self adhesive feels tacky when wet. Curing time is very slow and
adjusted after getting practical experience of fixing wallpapers. This
tacky feeling was deliberately included in the product as the air
bubbles can be removed easily by just pressing the rubber wiper,
especially on a slick or new surface. Wallpaper adhesive is cost
effective and convenient to apply.
What Are the Steps to Fix It?
- Make sure you've turned off all the electrical power.
- Remove all the covers and plates from your electrical outlets
- Inspect your walls for any holes or cracks that need to be
filled in with spackling compound.
- Sand your walls of any excess plaster or paste residue; they
need to be smooth for the wallpaper to adhere to them. If your walls
currently have a coat of gloss paint on them, you'll need to sand
the walls until they have a dull surface.
- Apply POLYFIX ® wallpaper adhesive by brush/roller, where
the wallpaper has to be applied. Proper care must be taken while
applying so that no area is left without adhesive brushing.
- Fix wall paper and apply pressure by hands. Keep a cotton cloth
in hand for proper pressing
- Use rubber wiper for escaping air bubbles and adjust the wall
paper by stretching it slowly.
- Clean all extra adhesive from upper side of wall paper with wet
cloth and remove fingerprints with a damp cloth
- Use scissors to cut a patch of new wallpaper larger than the area
to be covered.
- Carefully tear the edges of the patch wallpaper because it will
be less noticeable than a straight cut edge.
- Remove any loose wallpaper from the area you are patching.
- Align the patterns to make sure that the patch will work
- Clean and smooth the area to be patched with a damp sponge.
- Apply wallpaper adhesive to the back of the patch, place it on
the wall, and smooth it into place with a damp sponge. Plastic
container (Quantity: 5kg)
- Allow the patch to dry for 10 to 15 minutes, then lightly press
the repaired seams with a seam roller.
component, water may be mixed if required, dried films can be removed
easily with wet cloth, can be applied with brush or roller, only to be
applied one side (i.e. on wall side coating) is enough.
Plastic container (Quantity: 5kg, 1Kg.)